Name: Chin Yi Shing (PART A&B)my father and my younger siblings
My siblings
My parents
Name: Chin Yi Shing(04)
(Part A&B)I still remembered it vividly. It was four years back then. Although we had been going there for many years, but i still find that it was really the most enjoyable time I had with my family and I mean each and everyone of them. We went back to Bekok,
a tiny village in Malaysia where my father used to live, on Chinese New Year Eve. My grandmother was waiting patiently on the bench outside the house for us to arrive. Whenever we reached, everyone will just get out of the car seats and shout "ah po" (grandma in Chinese), which we used to, and run into the house to the living room. We are always used to addressing all our aunts, uncles and cousins before we chat. Sometimes, I address one of my cousins purposely. She will always say," Why didn't you call me?" (translated from chinese) I will only address her when she turns her head away from me.
During the times, I loved the time when we had had our reunion steamboat. I loved the feeling of everyone sitting together, eating together. The feeling is really indescribable. It feels like everyone are the suns that gave out warm, the kind that gives family warmth, care and love for one another. The feeling of your family taking food for you and placed it in you bowl and the feeling of me, myself taking food for my family and placed it in their bowls is really very nice and sweet
The steamboat dinner ended very quickly(everyone ate a lot and ate fast) and after that, every unmarried family members will get angpaos from all the married family members. I remembered that my grandmother gave my family, just my family, Singapore ten dollars in the angpaos. Everyone else got ringgit dollars. The feeling of getting "different" moneys really perks me up, not because I was money-minded, but because my grandmother knows what we really needs. (She knows that we will not be able to use ringgit dollars when we are in Singapore) My stay there was really what it calls to be fun and enjoyable. All were fun and nothing had made me sad, just because of everyone in the family.
My celebration during Chinese New Year was inferior to how jess celebrated his Christmas. I have always wished to have a friend like Leslie whom I can cry out to her all my feelings and share woes and happiness with. Jess celebrated his Christmas with his family in his house, when they sang Christmas songs and had many fun activities organized, and also celebrated with Leslie in the kingdom of Terabithia.
Chinese New Year is quite similar to that of Christmas. Before Chinese New Year, we went around the malls to search for Chinese New Year decoration and gifts. We also had to do what we call 'spring cleaning' before the Chinese New Year. Before the Christmas, Jess' family went around the shopping malls to shop for new things such as belongings and to buy gifts for present exchanging programme. The family also has to tidy and decorate the house so as to prepare for the actual Christmas Day.
However, some of the activities and routines were rather different. During Chinese New Year, my family will be setting off to Malaysia to visit all my relatives and friends there. During Christmas, Jess stayed in his house to celebrate the festival with his family. In our Chinese tradition, the married adults shall give us money in red packets whereas Jess' family had to had a gift each to exchange presents with one another and the money to buy the gifts come from all the savings of their pocket money.
No matter how each and everyone of us celebrate our festivals, in my opinion, I think that the festivals celebrated with our loved ones are always fun despite of some unhappy incidents happening in between the celebrations. Everyone should always cherish the time being together with our family.Labels: Chin Yi Shing (Part A and B)