Name: Eleanor Hor (PART A&B)
my cousin during CNY
christmas tree in m'sia shopping mallName: Eleanor Hor(06)(Part A&B)PART AMany Chinese, just like me, will usually get all jumpy towards the day when Chinese New Year approaches. Before Chinese New Year, we do spring cleaning, decorate the whole house and buy goodies to usher the New Year and also to chase away bad luck, which is according to the Chinese tradition. My family and I instead of doing all these things alone, we do it as one family. For spring cleaning, we share the chores so as to complete it at a faster speed and also to work together as one family. As for the decorating items and buying of goodies, we shop for them together during weekends so that we can spend more time with our loved ones. My family and I enjoyed doing it together which enhances our relationship further.During Chinese New Year eve, my family and I will have our reunion dinner at my maternal and paternal grandmother’s house together with our aunts, uncles and cousins. Due to our hectic lifestyle, we hardly had time to sit down together at the dining area to have our dinner. This is the only day where we can only really sit down together and make up the lost time to know about each other. We can chat over lots of things and laugh at one another’s jokes. I can really feel the family warmth between me and my family throughout the dinner.On the first two days of Chinese New Year, we can get to see those relatives whom we met only once in a year to know how’s everybody doing. We will start to chat with them or watch a comedy movie together so as to share the joy. This is also one special way we can have good relationship with our family members. Also my family and I try to minimise the amount of quarrelling between us so as to mark a good start for the New Year. Not having conflicts with my family was a bit hard because that is mostly what we do every day with them. Through this, we can also control our temper towards them and give in more to them, thus having a good family relationships with them.To me, good family relationship is very important because the people who are willing to stand beside you, getting through all your difficulties are not your friends, but your families.PART BCompared to Jess, I think I’m much similar to Jess in terms of celebrating the festival. I get to receive presents from my aunts and uncles and have a Christmas tree at home to enjoy the festive season. On top of that, I get to eat appetizing and mouth watering Christmas meals especially prepared by my aunt, who was a good cook. Good food always awaits us during Christmas and I always looked forward to Christmas. Sometimes, we go for barbeque, which can be meaningful as we get to cook our own food eat our own food, which is specially prepared by ourselves. This can also be the time to test your own cooking skills. Ha-ha. I remembered vividly some years back, my aunt wanted to have another special way of celebrating Christmas by going overseas. We stayed at a chalet in Malaysia and get to enjoy the festive season by the performances held by the performers and get to eat scrumptious food prepared by the chalet staffs.As for Jess, he celebrated Christmas with his family members too and exchanged presents with them. He got a cheap present from his dad. although the car did not work well because of the quality, Jess, without fail put up some good words for the toy so that his father wouldn't feel regretful of buying the Christmas present but to no avail. I sometimes find Jess more fortunate than me because he gets to celebrate Christmas with his best friend while I don’t because most of my friends don’t really celebrate Christmas. His Christmas present from Leslie was very special too. The Christmas present all he ever wanted. He also got an adorable dog for Leslie.In my opinion, Jess had a good time celebrating his Christmas with his family and best friend by having marvellous gifts and especially celebrating it in terabithia while I had a great time celebrating Christmas by going to other places and had chances of different kinds of things which i had no experience in during that special occasion. I have learnt alot during the festive season.Labels: Eleanor Hor (Part A and B)