Name: Eleanor Hor (06)Questions given by lit teacher1. Why did Leslie die off stage ?I think Leslie died off stage probably because it was a kids movie. The movie is all about imagination, imaginary kingdom and reaching out for your dreams, just like a fairytale but if Leslie died on stage, the movie would be a tearful one. In order not to spoil the whole "fairytale" atmosphere, I think the producers decided to let Leslie die off stage instead on stage. That, and I thought it had a lot more impact just being told about it rather than witnessing it.2.Who/what areas the Dark Lord represent for (i)Jesse, (ii)Leslie, (iii)Yourself ?(i) For Jesse, I think the Dark Lord represents his parents. He needs their ability to understand him and what he really wants. Though he is grown up and not as young as May Belle, but he wants someone who is there for him and care for him just like he was a baby. Like most of us, we still need someone who is there for us and lend us their listening ear.(ii) For Leslie, I think the Dark Lord represents the loneliness inside her. Being the only child, she gets most of her parents attention and pamper her like any parents would do. But they do not know what she really wants. Having friends was probably her only wish and no matter how rich they were, friendship is still can't be bought, it is priceless. She wants to have a friend to share everything with her, letting their imaginations run wild and having the best childhood memory ever. Being lonely give us nightmares, which nobody wants it. With that, the Dark Lord represents Leslie's loneliness.(iii) As for me, the Dark Lord would represent my responsibility as the eldest. Being the eldest, I have the responsibiltiy to take care of my siblings and sometimes getting scolded over something which I had never done before. I felt that I am innocent and should not be getting scolded by my mother. With that, my sisters decided to abuse their authority and sometimes having the blame pushed all onto me. Thus getting not on terms with them and aruge over trival matters. Sometimes being the youngest child in the family gets more special treatment than the eldest. How I wish I wasn't the eldest!3. Which version do you like better and why ?In my personal opinion, I definitely liked the movie version better. The movie gives a clearer picture of the whole story rather than those black, dull words in the novel. With those sound effects, coloured images, beautiful sceneries, actors/actresses good acting skills and of course, technology, it brought the whole story to life. I think most people would absorb the essence of the story upon watching the movie rather than reading the novel. Though movie version seems better, each version have their strong and weak points too. In the novel version, the story is more detailed and we can use our own imagination to imagine the different scenarios of the story. Though it is not as fascinating as the movie, we can still learn vocabulary through reading and let our imaginations run wild. As for the movie version, I am a bit disappointed that some parts that I read from the novel are different or missing. Despite that, I really enjoyed the whole story very much ! (:Labels: Eleanor Hor (Questions given by Ms Jumiah)